- Define system-level application architecture that includes high-level design, architectural policies and principles, design and programming guidelines, implementation risks and mitigation measures, software development and integration strategies, software configuration controls, etc
- Maintain control over the architect throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the architecture to ensure desired results are achieved
- Involve in requirement analysis phase to ensure the implementation feasibility of functional specifications. Highlight requirement gaps, disproportional construction efforts, technical challenges and any other issues to business analyst teams
- Provide technical leadership in the development through established design and development methodologies, to ensure system meets functional and system requirements
- Engage customers to explain the rationale of architecture’s selection, or other technical issues
- Ensure best practices, frameworks and re-useable components are employed in the development project
- Trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team
- Contribution to organizational development thru sharing best practices. Developing and conducting technical courses.
- Coach, train and mentor junior members
- Be involved in pre-sale activities as solution architect when necessary
- At least 10 years’ experience with substantial project work in software design & development
- Strong technical experience in system / applications architecture design
- Experience in designing solutions using appropriate platforms and system technologies such as enterprise database design, web and application server and network technologies
- Certified in appropriate technologies is an advantage
- Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, creative with excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship;