- Responsible for designing and programming for new application/function based on end user requirements and business needs.
- Responsible for maintaining existing program and scripts
- Perform ad-hoc requests from various departments for data patching on databases. E.g. SQL and DB2
- Perform Database archival and housekeeping on systems.
- Customize reports e.g. crystal report or application reporting.
- Work with other platform (in-house) application development team to achieve business needs.
- Troubleshoot issues (in the application) and find solutions
- Validates results by testing programs
- Evaluates user request for new or modified systems or applications to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, computer capabilities, and impact on business.
- Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify objectives
- Provide guidance and training to user community to aid in meeting business goal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in system analysis
- Knowledge of RPG ILE, CLP, DB2 AS400 Query, Basic AS400 command are required.
- Other programming knowledge eg Java, html are added advantages.
- Candidate must be independent and able to perform in a fast moving environment