Set system administration processes
- Establish goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of systems
- Align system administration with overall strategic IT service direction and business needs
- Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives
- Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure system security
Develop New Systems
- Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration
- Define systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Prepare for system expansion by studying plans and requirements
- Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems
- Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
Optimise Systems Performance
- Recommend process, product or service improvements, resource optimisation and cost savings
- Oversee hardware and software upgrades
- Recommend new technologies, methodologies, systems or opportunities for cost savings, security and service quality improvement
- Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing
- Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions
- Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff
- Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in data centre operations with some basic network support.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Certification in MCSE preferred.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.