- Ensure smooth operation of the iSeries servers
- Support iSecurity Firewall Administration
- Support QuickEDD Mirroring Software
- Systems administration, maintenance, backup/restore, performance tuning
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Capacity Planning for iSeries
- Planning for iSeries OS and PTF/Fixes upgrade
- Ensure all systems and services are properly monitored
- Review on infrastructure requirement and proposals
- Analyzing, reporting, giving recommendations and developing strategies on how to improve quality and quantity
- Achieve business and organization goals, visions and objectives
- Identifying problems, creating choices and providing alternatives courses of actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent amount of experience and education.
- 2 to 3 years of experience supporting IBM AS400 systems
- Experience in AS400 Security Management & Communications
- Sound knowledge and experience supporting varying levels of IBM’s AS400 Operating Systems and license programs and AS400 Virtualization.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with the AS400 infrastructure components.
- Additional software experience such as IBM iSeries Access would be an added advantage.