1) Monitor security systems - Perform audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests of security operations based on established schedules - Perform real time analysis and trending of security log data from various security systems - Analyse security event data to identify suspicious and malicious activity - Provide inputs to improve security monitoring rules and alerts - Document processes related to security monitoring
2) Maintain security operations - Implement security protocols - Create emergency response procedures - Maintain data sources feeding the log monitoring system - Schedule security checks in accordance with reporting schedules - Prepare periodic status reports for presentation to management
3) Respond to security incidents - Review security incident reports - Evaluate the type and severity of security events - Assist with establishing procedures for handling detected security events - Provide status updates during the life cycle of an incident - Create final incident report detailing the events of the incident - Support the maintenance and update of business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures
4) Provide user support - Respond to user requests for technical assistance - Assess incident severity - Set clear user expectations on issue resolution - Update users on changes in status during issue resolution - Manage user accounts
- Diploma / Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience in the following areas: operating system security, database security, network security, firewalls, computer security Incident response, vulnerability scanning, SAP, LDAP and PKI.
- Technical clarity and understanding of Firewalls, VPN, IPS, IDS, Two Factor Authentication, Active Directory, Internet Proxies, Anti Virus and Perimeter Security principles including log review and analysis (must have worked extensively on at least one product in each of these).
- Experience in Windows platforms e.g. Windows 2003/2008 etc., and Unix systems, e.g., Linux, AIX, etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols, vendor and service level management
- Knowledge of basic security concepts and policies - security patching, software installation, network/system troubleshooting and maintenance.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.