Maintain security operations
- Implement security protocols
- Create emergency response procedures
- Maintain data sources feeding the log monitoring system
- Schedule security checks in accordance with reporting schedules
- Prepare periodic status reports for presentation to management
Respond to security incidents
- Review security incident reports
- Evaluate the type and severity of security events
- Assist with establishing procedures for handling detected security events
- Provide status updates during the life cycle of an incident
- Create final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Support the maintenance and update of business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures
Provide user support
- Respond to user requests for technical assistance
- Assess incident severity
- Set clear user expectations on issue resolution
- Update users on changes in status during issue resolution
- Manage user accounts
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Technical clarity and understanding of Firewalls, VPN, IPS, IDS, Two Factor Authentication, Active Directory, Internet Proxies, Anti Virus and Perimeter Security principles including log review and analysis (must have worked extensively on at least one product in each of these).
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Knowledge in security patching, software installation, network/system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic security concepts and policies.
- Experience with vendor and service level management.
- Experience in the following areas: operating system security, database security, network security, firewalls, computer security Incident response, vulnerability scanning, SAP, LDAP and PKI.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.