- Responsible to set up a new operation and support database team in the design, development, installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and performance (e.g. capacity plan, tuning and management) of databases in hybrid and multiple Cloud environments.
- Plan and executes workload tests of fault tolerance capabilities, including database performance, log shipping and replication, partitioning, clustering, availability, scalability, backup/recovery, replication, failover and disaster recovery.
- Accountable for defining and setting up the team formation to deliver the group database SLA/KPI timelines and solution quality.
- Set and review goals, performance and objectives.
- Interface with stakeholders to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- Maintain focus on delivery goals and alignment of capabilities to meet the SLA.
- Supervision of implementation, operational performance and conformance quality.
- Assess and implement action plans to mitigate risks in relation to data management.
- Continuous improvement in process, quality, automation, innovation and technology.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years hands on experience in database design, development, and administration in high volume, large scale and data intensive environment with relational & distributed databases. For e.g. ElasticSearch, SQL & NoSQL based, MySQL, Postgres or HANA.
- Experience in MSSQL with experience/knowledge in other databases strongly advantageous.