- Subject matter expert in the management of the LAN, WiFi services of offices and Data Centres.
- Assists in network system projects delivery including engineering design and build and delivery.
- Support Projects on Network, WiFi and Security to meet business unit forecasts and objectives.
- Manage (Plan, design, maintain, refresh) various network products and appliances, including network switches and routers, network monitoring tools, and other supporting systems.
- Supervise, build and deliver LAN, WAN, WiFi, and related infrastructure for all office renovation or office setup projects.
- Engagement and management of other technical teams, vendors and subcontractors – specifying, controlling and monitoring their work.
- Project management of engineering resources to implement infrastructure upgrades or new infrastructure requirements.
- Service management with operation service provider to ensure 24x7 availability of the above infrastructure and systems.
- Perform troubleshooting and root-cause analysis, resolve the problems when faults are encountered.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimisation.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Provide a capital plan for infrastructure expansion, refresh and upgrade. Manage the negotiation and renewal of maintenance contracts for systems.
- IT/Engineering related Degree/Diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years in operating data and voice communications in a big enterprise (>1000 staff) with multi locations.
- Extensive experience and specialist skills in the planning, integration and configuration of networking /communications infrastructure, including the ability to support a variety of technologies
- Strong skills in Router Hardware/Software, Switch Hardware/Software;
a) Cisco Routers - Cisco 7xxx, Cisco 19/29/39xx, Cisco 18/28/38xx series routers. ASR1000 series
b) Switches - Cisco 650x /450x /35xx /29xx.
c) Cisco Wireless Access Points and Controller modules.
d) Cisco Nexus Data Center virtualisation/configuration
e) IP Network
f) MPLS, LDP, RSVP, L2 and L3 VPN, VLAN, VPLS, MPLS interworking
g) VTP, STP, PVST, MSTP, VRRP, HSRP
h) TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6
i) Ethernet, ATM, ADSL
j) OSPF, RIP, BGP
k) Cisco IOS, Cisco XE software
l) IPSec, GRE/L2TP tunnels
m) QoS, MPLS TE, Multicasting
o) IP SLA and DHCP in the router
- Advanced knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network integration techniques and enterprise design.
- Vendor Management
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills in solving complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with a customer service orientation