Manage infrastructure operations - Review and ensure timely update to the operation documentations such as process documentation, SOP, Operations checklist that are relevant for the infrastructure operation. - Review the operation impact to infrastructure operation based on the change request, service request and technical refresh and ensure that it is compliance to the various performance SLAs, SOPs and policies that are stipulated. - Review utilisation reports and ensure timely update to the capacity plan - Tracks the availability of the infrastructure against the performance SLA and ensure timely recovery for any disruption to the infrastructure availability - Ensure timely regular reporting to the governance bodies on the progress against audit requirements, service improvement plans, issues and risks related to the infrastructure operation - Track and manage regular maintenance activities, such as system patching, review of system accounts, etc. - Review and endorse all production changes related to infrastructure - Support annual audit activities conducted by internal and external parties, and ensure timely follow up as well as closure of the required action items - Participate and coordinate the annual Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) exercises from infrastructure operation perspective. - Ensure timely follow up and closure of required action items (if any) from the various above exercises. - Support the review and timely update to the BCP/DR Plan/DR run-book and seek for the necessary approval and endorsement. - Support the budget planning by preparing business case and putting through the approvals to secure the necessary operation funds in order to cover all infrastructure operation needs - Manage the allocated OPEX budget and report on the utilisation and savings for the infrastructure operation of the system - Provide oversight to the decommissioning of the hardware and devices to ensure compliance with the required process and policies. - Review the weekly and monthly operation report to ensure that the status and updates are accurate and complete
Incident and Problem Management - Manage incident and problem identification and resolution by coordinating the activities with infrastructure counterparts across systems, data centres and vendors to ensure timely resolution within the service SLA. - Review and ensure timely update of the documentation for incidents or root cause analysis to ensure that accurate and sufficient troubleshooting has taken place - Ensure timely escalation of incidents and problems and timely recovery of the service for Sev 1 and Sev 2 incidents - Timely respond to infrastructure incident escalated from vendor
Service and Asset Management - Ensure timely contract renewal of infrastructure related contracts including those with third party vendors. - Review and ensure timely update to the asset inventory of all hardware, hosts and software licenses - Review and ensure timely update to the end-of-support forecasts for all hardware, hosts and software and ensure refresh plans are in place - Monitor the service performance of the support vendor by ensuring adherence to performance SLA, reduce aging of Incidents, timely root cause analysis, IT policies and tracking of any plans to address deviations to policies or supplier / vendor contracts. - Coordinate with finance to support regular asset tagging activities to ensure that all assets are tracked
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, although consideration will be given to experience and certifications in lieu of degree
- Ability to communicate to senior management and drive presentations/discussions.
- Ability to lead independently in the infrastructure domain
- Process oriented with focus on achieving operational efficiency and productivity
- Adopting proactive attitude with sense of urgency in management of operations
- Good stakeholder management skills with ability to engage and gain key stakeholder buy-ins.
- At least 10 years’ experience with service delivery.
- Experience or certification in ITIL V2/3 Service Management.
- 5-10 years’ experience with management of heterogeneous computing environments.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with managing vendors including contract management, SLA negotiation and management of SLAs.
- Preferably with experience in supporting complicated health IT solutions.