i) Lifecycle Management of the Network Functions Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI) - Forecast capacity demands ahead of time to build up the necessary capacity - Manage the allocation of capacity to ensure sufficient capacity for all VNFs - Capacity expansion of NFVI - Technology refresh to update the NFVI with the latest technology - Enhancements to improve operational efficiency or bring new features to the Tenants - Participate in technology studies, assessment or PoCs - Plan for the feature roadmap for the Networks Cloud
ii) Tenant Management - Assist Tenants for feasibility studies to transition to VNFs - Participate in Tenant tender evaluation - Assist to run Tenant VNF PoCs in the NFVI - Guide Tenants to onboard VNFs to the NFVI - Collate VNF requirements ahead of time to build necessary capacity - Plan for onboarding roadmap of VNFs
iii) Project Management - Run RFPs/RFQs, including, technical specifications preparations, Statement of Works, technical and commercial evaluation. - Manage Project Delivery within the allocated budget, resources and timeline. - Service Transition to ensure Project is handed over to Service Operations.
iv) Team Lead - Lead a team of Cloud Planners in managing the lifecycle of the Networks Cloud Platform as well as Tenants - Design and implement processes and best practice for the Networks Cloud - Design and implement the Networks Cloud feature roadmap
- A good engineering degree preferably in the area of wireless communications. To be considered for senior positions, knowledge in Virtualization, OpenStack and Cloud computing is a must
- At least 7 years working experience on projects relating to VMware, OpenStack or other virtualization related technologies
- Certification in Red Hat OpenStack or equivalent
- Certification in VMWare suite of technologiesself
- Knowledge on Virtualization and Data Centre Management.
- Knowledge on Technical Support Management.
- Knowledge on Demand Operation Organisation Management.