- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure, including Linux system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation and system upgrades, troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Implement proactive monitoring of the physical and virtual infrastructure and implement automated resolution tasks
- Install, configure, patch firmware, and perform troubleshooting of x86 & P- series hardware.
- Maintain DNS, SMTP services
- Administer multiple Linux servers running in high availability environment
- Shell scripting to automate aspects of systems maintenance
- Ensure hardware and software configurations are performance tuned to provide maximum performance to applications.
- Adhere to standard Service Level Agreements (SLA) for day-to-day support. Ensure that change management process is properly followed by environment changes
- Cross-platform support AIX and Oracle Solaris
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT equivalent.
- At least 5 - 6 years’ experience in developing, implementing and maintaining IT systems
- 4+ years of experience administering Red Hat (Redhat Linux certifications preferred)
- Enterprise level Linux or AIX / Solaris Administration experience
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting in an engineering-focused complex global Linux environment and associated IT Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies, Perl scripting, shell scripting and command line utilities, database systems (Oracle, MySQL), MTA, NFS and server hardening is required
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS and/or shared storage technologies (Gluster, GPFS, GFS), application and web-servers is a plus
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.