i) Set system administration processes - Establish goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of systems - Align system administration with overall strategic IT service direction and business needs - Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives - Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues - Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure system security
ii) Develop New Systems - Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration - Define systems requirements for new technology implementations - Prepare for system expansion by studying plans and requirements - Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems - Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
iii) Optimise Systems Performance - Recommend process, product or service improvements, resource optimisation and cost savings - Oversee hardware and software upgrades - Recommend new technologies, methodologies, systems or opportunities for cost savings, security and service quality improvement
iv) Manage Teams - Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing - Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions - Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff - Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge in hardware & systems software, clustering solutions, enterprise SAN, server and storage virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical IT operations knowledge in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management.
- Experience in SAP Basis and other software technologies such as SAP, WebSphere, MS SQL, Oracle is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server platform.
- Knowledge of UNIX / Solaris / Linux platform is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in scripting, have experience in operation automation.
- Strong vendor, service level and project management skills.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.