- Drives the implementation of strategy for infrastructure operations and maintenance to ensure availability of stable and secure systems.
- Manages project resource allocation and develops infrastructure implementation, operations and maintenance engineers; scopes out policies and sets performance expectations.
- Identifies problems and presents new methodologies and/or solutions to key stakeholders to enhance and improve the delivery of infrastructure operations and maintenance services.
- Able to address multi-faceted issues effectively to ensure systems are stable and secure.
- Adopts a methodical approach to managing project resources and communicates well to his team and key stakeholders on the solutions developed.
i) Support infrastructure design and implementation
- Support technical system analysis to determine the extent to which solutions perform “as required” to ensure that future solutions meet anticipated demand
- Support the design and implementation of infrastructure solutions that adhere to current architecture standards
- Lead the design installations, system migration and integration
- Lead the testing and handover of implemented infrastructure solution
ii) Support infrastructure operations
- Support delivery of optimal infrastructure operations
- Create documents on administration, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Apply diagnostic tools to perform technical analysis of complex software, hardware and infrastructure equipment
- Support the development of report on infrastructure capabilities and limitations
iii) Maintain infrastructure
- Support the improvement of maintenance capability by using automation for upgrades, enterprise backup and storage
- Identify key infrastructure operations issues and maintenance priorities
- Support the implementation of agreed infrastructure change requests and maintenance routines
- Develop report on performance and availability of infrastructure systems by review of service uptime, utilisation, throughput etc.
iv) Optimise infrastructure performance
- Support the initiatives to improve the infrastructure systems and service delivery through automation and virtualisation technologies
- Support the monitoring of performance, availability and security of infrastructure systems and key operational metrics
v) Resolve incidents
- Support problem/issue identification and resolution
- Escalate problems/issues
- Support simulation of user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Diagnose problem source through discussions with users
- Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
- Support planned maintenance events, system backup processes and disaster recovery drills
- Support implementation of preventive solutions
- CCNP certified, CCIE preferred.
- Experience in Network Switching, NAC, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, WAN, Load Balancers, Wireless Controllers, and Network Monitoring.
- Successful track record in project management, user and vendor management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.