Implement IT Support Service Plans - Lead the implementation of support services across the organisation - Define best practices and Service Level Agreements for the support function - Establish performance and reporting measures to provide an effective and efficient level of service
Manage IT support Activities - Identify actions to maintain or improve levels of service - Advise the business on IT support metrics and capabilities
Oversee System Maintenance - Prioritise activities to ensure continuity of service and prompt issue resolution - Oversee the compiling of data for reporting purposes - Review trends and patterns - Plan installation of hardware equipment, software and maintenance agreements - Recommend acquisition of new technology and software
Provide Incident Resolution Guidance - Analyse enquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where service can be improved - Respond to more complex, escalated enquiries from team members - Evaluate results of investigation reviews - Develop problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist staff to respond to user problems that are recurring or routine - Oversee disaster recovery planning and testing
Manage Teams - Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing - Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions - Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff - Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Degree in IT or engineering
- IT certification such as ITIL Foundation
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day to day operation support activities.
- Experience in Desktop management and deployment
- Experienced in Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects
- Experienced in Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget & expenses
- Experience in Developing and implementing IT policy, procedures and best practices.
- Experience in major project (10,000 computers+) from planning till go live.
- Experience working with network architecture and client-server technology.
- Asset management skills