Execute Systems Administration Service Levels - Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times - Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting - Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security - Determine the systems’ short- and long-term requirements - Manage systems report production
Advise on System Capabilities - Advise senior leaders on system concepts and functional capabilities - Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems - Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices - Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
Develop New Systems - Design security and integrity controls - Conduct new systems testing and implementation - Define the system maintenance procedures - Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs - Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
Optimise systems performance - Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security - Conduct regular system audits and upgrades - Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
Resolve issues - Oversee the assessment of risks to systems - Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders - Investigate cause of systems issues - Resolve complex issues - Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in data centre management.
- Strong knowledge in hardware & systems software, clustering solutions, enterprise SAN, server and storage virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical IT operations knowledge in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server platform, Windows Clustering, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of UNIX / Solaris / Linux platform is an added advantage.
- Strong vendor, service level and project management skills.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Prior experience with HSM module or Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services or CyberArk Active Directory or VMware virtualization technologies will be advantages.
- Good experience in technologies such as Tomcat, Citrix, VMWare, MS SQL is an added advantage