Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
- Administer system components with the goal of meeting performance and usage requirements
- Perform maintenance, installation, setup and configuration of systems
- Monitor the integrity of the systems to ensure availability to users in a secure and controlled manner
- Conduct system backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Liaise with relevant parties to meet installation priorities and prevent disruption of service
- Produce systemic and/or ad hoc reports
Develop New Systems
- Assist with the development of new systems as per the system requirements
- Implement systems security and integrity controls
- Assist with new system testing and implementation
- Assist with piloting of new tools, technologies, and/or processes
Optimise Systems Performance
- Perform ongoing optimisation of system components such as updates and upgrades
- Conduct technical research for software and hardware upgrades
- Maintain documentation of all conducted system optimisation activities
- Track key operational metrics, including performance, utilisation, throughput, capacity etc.
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting
- Use prescribed guidelines or policies to analyse and resolve problems
- Solve faults occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Perform systems repairs
- Create systems documentation which records modifications and developments carried out
- Maintain technical documentation including systems structures, system requirements, process flows, operating procedures and management guidelines
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in VMware vShpere 4.0+, Microsoft Windows 2008 Hyper-V and / or Citrix XenServer virtualization technology and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of patch management, software delivery solution and system backup solutions.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- MCSE certified preferred.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.