- Perform daily monitoring of databases, including housekeeping, system jobs, system performance, tuning, database availability and backup.
- Perform Microsoft SQL server installation, configuration, upgrade, and migration, patching.
- Setup and maintain SQL Clustering, Mirroring and Replication and other advance features.
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle.
- Ensure that databases are secure with proper controls in auditing, logging and monitoring.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures to meet required RTO/RPO.
- Ensure backup and recovery as well as DRP procedures and policies are in place and tested on a regular basis.
- Maintain standards,policies procedures and related documentations.
- Provide database related consultation to development teams.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- 24 x 7 monitoring, 3rd level technical support and troubleshooting.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient in Unix especially RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Relevant IT Certification is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and vendor management skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a Permanent/Direct Contract employment upon assessment.