- Monitor and support infrastructure and network related activities onshore and onboard.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as the primary point for technical escalation
- Collaborate with the global IT team as part of Follow-the-Sun support process
- Perform on-call duties for ship and shore, part of a global rotation schedule with the rest of the global IT team
- Monitor, create and manage service desk tickets for issues and alerts
- Maintain good working relationship with external vendors and suppliers
- Perform research, explore technologies to be used ashore and onboard, and make
recommendations in alignment with the global technology roadmap
- Work as part of a project team, as assigned by management
- Minimum 5 years experience with a breadth of core technologies including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WDS, WSUS, Sophos AV, Citrix, Hyper V and VMWare
- Experience with Zendesk (or any other Helpdesk software) for problem and change management tracking
- Hands on knowledge of the installation, modification, maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software
- Familiarity with cloud terminology and technologies, including Microsoft Azure, O365, Skype for Business.
- Willingness to visit ships at sea and in the shipyard and travel on short notice
- Maritime industry experience is advantageous